Instagram and Facebook are two of the most popular social media in the world, with billions of users and millions of businesses. Small businesses can choose both platforms to advertise so as to reach their target audience and raise brand awareness. But which one is better for small business? In this article, we will compare Instagram ads and Facebook ads, and give you some tips on how to choose the best one for your goals.
Instagram ads are sponsored posts or stories that appear on the Instagram app or website. With Instagram ads, businesses can drive awareness and increase its customer base through visuals. Ads can be displayed in the form of photos, videos, carousels, collections, or reels, depending on the format you choose. They can include images or video along with copy and a link to the web page of the company’s choice.
Some of the reasons why small businesses should use Instagram ads are:
- Instagram has a large and engaged audienceof over a billion people, and more than half of them are active on the platform. According to Statista, The global number of Instagram users was forecast to continuously increase between 2023 and 2027 by in total 234.8 million users (+17.65 percent). This means you can expose your ads to a massive audience of potential buyers.
- Instagram tends to favor positive and surprising content, emphasizing aesthetic and creativity, which is suitable to showcase the product and brand image, while Facebook lends itself to entertaining content that can easily be shared and discussed.
- Instagram ads are cost-effective: They offer a great value for your money, as they have a low cost per impression and a high return on investment. You don’t need a large budget to launch an effective campaign on Instagram.
Facebook ads are sponsored posts or stories that appear on the Facebook app or website, as well as on other platforms within the Facebook network, such as Messenger, Meta Audience Network, and WhatsApp. They can be images, videos, carousels, slideshows, collections, or instant experiences (formerly known as canvas), depending on the format you choose. Facebook advertising campaigns enable you to effectively reach potential and existing customers. And with Facebook's sophisticated targeting options, businesses will have the opportunity to create ads tailored to their targeted audience.
Some of the reasons why small businesses should use Facebook ads are:
- With over 2 billion active users, Facebook provides businesses with a large amountof targeted
- Facebookcan customize businesses ads to reach the people who are most likely to be interested in their products or services, based on criteria such as location, age, gender, interests, online habits and so on.
- It’s easy to track Facebook ads,so businesses can measure the effectiveness of their ad and adjust their campaigns accordingly. By doing this, they are capable of optimizing their ads and improving their results.
There is no definitive answer to which platform is better for your business. It depends on your goals, audience, budget, and preferences. However, here are some factors to consider when choosing between Instagram ads and Facebook ads:
- Your target audience: If you want to reach a younger demographic (18-34 years old), Instagram might be a better option than Facebook.
- Your competitors’ads: Spying your competitors’ ads is highly effective to help you find the most suitable social medium to advertise. You are able to monitor your competitors’ ad performance by GoodsFox, the leading advertising intelligence platform.
- Your industry: If you are in a highly visual or creative industry such as fashion, beauty, travel, art, or food, Instagram might be a better option than Facebook. Instagram is more suitablefor showcasing your products or services in a captivating way, while Facebook is more suited for sharing information or news about your business.
- Your ads engagement: Instagram users are more engaged than Facebook users, which means that they're more possible to see and interact with your ad.
Instagram ads and Facebook ads are both powerful and effective ways to promote your small business online. They have different strengths and weaknesses, so you should choose the one that best suits your goals, audience, budget, and preferences. You can also use both platforms together to maximize your reach and results. The key is to test and optimize your ads regularly, and to keep up with the latest trends and best practices.